SARCoin (SAR) is a new Proof of Stake distributed cryptocurrency that offers users new advantages, making it a great choice for those who want to take advantage of the many virtues that blockchain based payment systems provide.
Conceptualized by three friends for a dramatic change in strict business modeling and put on the table by some of the best in the altcoin space. We plan to have mass acceptance globally, taking SARCoin to the highest levels of success.
Version 1.5.0 includes a number of optimizations and improvements.
Must update before block 190000
- Proof-of-Stake reward increases to 5% starting at block 190000
- Proof-of-Stake performance optimizations
- Proof-of-Stake balanced to make staking fair for users with smaller balances
- Inflation control
- Bootstrap optimizations
- Remove centralised checkpoint broadcasting
- Disabled IRC peer finding
Simply download the correct wallet for your system and run the standalone executable. If a wallet is not yet available for your system, you can build your own from the source code here on github.
The Bootstrap.dat allows a new SARCoin client (not synced) to rapidly import the initial blocks from a local file instead of slowly downloading blocks from random peers. This significantly reduces the time it takes to get a client synced with the current blockchain (minutes instead of hours). Simply having bootstrap.dat in SARCoins expected data directory will make your initial block sync much faster.
The current Bootstrap file was created on August 22, 2016 and will sync a wallet straight to block 201,000.
Regardless of your operating system use the following steps to make use of the bootstrap.dat file:
- Download bootstrap.dat.xz
- Verify the integrity of bootstrap.dat.xz with the checksums.
- Put it into the SARCoin datadir. This is the same folder that contains wallet.dat and the blocks folder.
- Extract bootstrap.dat.xz to bootstrap.dat
- Delete bootstrap.dat.old if you want to recover some storage space.
Copy bootstrap.dat to data directory
Copy bootstrap.dat to your data directory. After SARCoin has used bootstrap.dat, the file will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old; at this point you can choose to delete it or keep it.
SARCoins data directory is located in ~/.SARCoin/ by default.
SARCoins data directory should be located in ~/Library/Application Support/SARCoin/.
Go to Start>Run (or press WinKey+R) and run: explorer %APPDATA%SARCoin
SARCoins data directory will open. “AppData” and “Application Data” are hidden by default in Windows.
Source code (tar.gz)
Source code (zip)